Castile – La Mancha has experienced a greater growth in the aerospace industry than any other region in Spain. As a sector, the aerospace industry is becoming one of the main economic drivers in the region.
- It is the 3rd region in Spain in terms of sales volume of the aerospace industry.
- It represents 2.8% GDP (2014).
- It directly employs around 4,000 people (data from 2014).
- It exports 70% of its production, and 13% of the sales volume is invested in R&D.
- It produces 10% of the world production of carbon fibre for aerospace.
- Castile – La Mancha holds a first – class world status in aero-structures of composite materials.
- Airbus Helicopters plant in Albacete has been designated Major Component Assembly (MCA), becoming a Centre of Industrial Excellence.
- The greatest project of composite materials for the A350XWB is led by Aernnova, creating new jobs in the region.
- All companies related to the aerospace and aviation cluster.
- Those related to the cluster of Composite and Advanced Materials (Illescas).
- MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul).
- End of life stages and dismantling.
- Aircraft painting.