Our region borders 50% of the regions in the Peninsula (over 56% of the national GDP). 4 of the 6 main highways in the country go through Castilla–La Mancha, as well as the railway networks which connect 14 of the 24 ports with the center of the country. This has made the region a reference for all activities related to the center of the Peninsula.
Castilla–La Mancha is in a privileged location between the centre of the peninsula and the Mediterranean coast.
Several regions within Castilla-La Mancha are important logistic hubs, such as the town of Alcázar de San Juan and El Puerto Seco de Azuqueca, especially taking into account the European trend towards freight transport by rail.
The region of Castilla-La Mancha has an airport in Albacete, located next to an aeronautics and logistics park.
In addition, Madrid’s international airport (Adolfo Suárez Madrid Barajas) is located just minutes from Castilla–La Mancha.
Moreover, we are connected by highway and railway with the ports of Barcelona and Valencia.
Castilla-La Mancha has 19,606 km of roads of all types of roads.
It also has more than 1,800 km of multi-lane roads, highways and highways.
The “spider web” structure of the Spanish road network positions Castilla-La Mancha as a natural extension of Madrid.
Four of the six highways that extend from Madrid to the main ports of the Iberian Peninsula go through Castilla-La Mancha:
- A-2 Axis Madrid – Barcelona.
- A-3 Axis Madrid – Valencia.
- A-4 Axis Madrid – Andalucía.
- A-5 Axis Madrid – Portugal.
- The radial toll roads R-2, R-4 and R-5 also cross Castilla-La Mancha.
Apart from the major radial axes, Castilla–La Mancha has the Madrid – Toledo (A42)highway, as well as a number of additional high-capacity roads:
- Alicante highway (A-31) and Murcia highway (A-30) in Albacete.
- A-43 highway, Ciudad Real – Puertollano highway (A-41), Viñedos highway (CM-42) and 4th Centenary highway (CM-45) in Ciudad Real.
- Sagra highway (CM-41 and CM-43) in Toledo.
Source: Anuario Estadístico del Ministerio de Fomento y III Plan Regional de Carreteras de Castilla-La Mancha 2015-2026