Munich, October 6th, 2023.
The Government of Castilla-La Mancha, through the Institute for Foreign Promotion (IPEX), has participated for the first time with its own stand within the Spanish pavilion at the Expo Real fair, which was held in Munich (Germany), between October 4 and 6, 2023.
Expo Real is a world reference fair for the real estate sector. Investors, developers and investment agencies come together at this event, which this year attracted more than 40,000 visitors from 70 countries.
The 2023 edition has recovered the pre-pandemic exhibitor and visitor figures, and completes its offer with an intense agenda of conferences and round tables to learn about the challenges faced by the real estate sector, especially affected by the galloping rise in interest rates.
During the three days of the fair, IPEX’s investment attraction team has maintained an intense agenda of meetings with asset managers, developers, consultants and investment funds, which have been informed about the industrial and logistics offer in the five provinces of Castilla-La Mancha, as well as the tools that the government of the region offers to potential investors.
Castilla-La Mancha’s commitment to attract investment in this event is based on a series of competitive advantages that make this region an attractive destination for real estate and business projects:
- Strategic location: The geographical position of Castilla-La Mancha, in the center of Spain, provides optimal connectivity with major cities and ports.
- Excellent communications: The region has a network of modern and efficient transportation infrastructure, including roads, railroads and airports.
- Industrial land: Castilla-La Mancha offers a large amount of industrial land ready for the development of business projects, which speeds up the installation and start-up processes.
- Incentives and investment support: The regional government offers a series of incentives and facilities to promote foreign investment and the establishment of new companies.
- Talent: The University of Castilla-La Mancha, with several campuses spread throughout the region, and the University of Alcalá de Henares, with its campus in Guadalajara, provide talent to the entire entrepreneurial ecosystem of Castilla-La Mancha. This is in addition to the wide range of vocational training and the possibility of developing an ad hoc training plan tailored to the needs of the company.
- Green energy: Castilla-La Mancha has 9,721 MW of installed renewable power. Thanks to this, by 2022, 63% of the total electrical energy generated in the region will be of renewable origin, enough to cover our annual consumption and thus achieve a high degree of energy sovereignty. This means that new industrial projects to be developed in Castilla-La Mancha can have green energy at their service.